Russia destroyed ice arena in Druzhkivka, where hockey club «Donbas» have played since 2014
Another crime occupants must pay for.
On the night of January 2, the Russian Federation carried out another missile attack on Ukraine - among other things, a missile was fired at Druzhkivka, Donetsk region.
Oleksandra Pakhomova, the deputy head of the Druzhkivka city military administration, reported on the morning of January 3 that the three people were wounded. Also, with this strike, the Russians destroyed the “Altair” ice arena, where the hockey club “Donbas” played.
• “It was this ground that became the home of the hockey club “Donbas” since 2014. Arena in Druzhkivka was the base for the largest children's and youth sports school in hockey and figure skating that worked in Ukraine. The arena hosted championships of Ukraine, international competitions, mass cultural events, and was a favorite place of recreation for the citizens and guests of Druzhkivka.
This is the third home that the Donetsk club has lost due to the Russian occupiers - the Palace of Sports “Druzhba” in Donetsk, the Mariupol Ice Center, and now “Altair”,” – official statement of “Donbas” reads.
• This is how arena looked like during fire caused by the missile attack of the terrorist state:
• Hockey Federation of Ukraine confirmed the attack on arena by publishing the video of the fire:
“So we have that since the beginning of the war, the Russian occupiers have already destroyed five ice stadiums: the Donetsk "Druzhba", the arenas in Mariupol and Melitopol, the Ice Palace in Siverskodonetsk, and now "Altair", – statement of the federation reads.
• The official Instagram account of “Altair” also confirmed hitting of a missile.
• Oleksandra Pakhomova, the deputy head of the Druzhkivska city military administration, said that the arena guard was lucky when the rocket hit the arena - otherwise he would have been right in the middle of the explosion: "The ice arena guard was saved by the fact that he went outside to smoke. If he had not gone out to smoke, the epicenter of the explosion would have fallen on his guardhouse."
• Local Telegram channel "dru_news | ДРУЖКОВКА" and the Telegram channel of the journalist (ex-director of the "Mariupol Television" channel) Mykola Osychenko, as well as the HC "Donbas" published photos of the consequences of the arena shelling.
• The head of Donetsk regional military administration Pavlo Kyrylenko,said that in Druzhkivka, not only "Altair" but also a bus station, a church, a residential building and outbuildings were damaged.
Photos: ХК «Донбас», «dru_news | ДРУЖКОВКА», «Николай Осыченко»